Organizational Overview: Project MANA (Making Adequate Nutrition Accessible) is a hunger relief organization serving the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee. Since its inception in July of 1991, Project MANA has responded to the emergency food needs of the homeless, the elderly, the homebound, families in need, children and single parents.
Position Overview: The Program Coordinator is primarily an administrative position designed to support the strategic goals and objectives of the Executive Director through program delivery. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Project MANA's Food Distribution Program, Let's Talk Turkey Program, Food and Companionship Exchange (FACE) Program, Volunteer Program and Community Outreach Program. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change in order to meet the needs of various programs and allow for growth.
Responsibilities: • General o Conduct monthly internal and external reporting including program monitoring and evaluation o Participate in agency trainings as needed o Attend agency staff meetings o Some evenings and weekends as assigned
• Database Management o Manage database, including data collection and database reporting, and any necessary adjustments to the database upon evaluation o Develop programmatic related reports monthly, quarterly and annually
• Food Distribution o Coordinate each food distribution each week on site o Coordinate client intake and sign-in o Attend each distribution o Assist in supervising volunteers when necessary
• Food and Companionship Exchange (FACE) Program o Manage all aspects of the FACE Program o Lead FACE intake interviews and annual reassessments o Oversee quarterly check-ins o Adjust FACE client information tracking tools based on intakes and assessments o Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure food is delivered each week and protocols are followed (ie. volunteers packing food & background checks for volunteers delivering food) o Assist in supervising volunteers when necessary
• Let's Talk Turkey (LTT) o Manage all aspects of Project MANA's annual Let's Talk Turkey event
• Volunteer Program o Coordinate Volunteer Program, as needed
• Community Outreach Program o Assist Development Director in managing Project MANA's social media presence o Represent Project MANA at community events and collaborative meetings o Distribute relevant information about resources to Project MANA community members o Research opportunities for outreach and act as the contact person with partner organizations o Connect community members with appropriate resources based on their requests o Coordinate the distribution of Project MANA's outreach materials throughout the community o Communicate regularly with partner agencies o Track referral and resource data for grant purposes
Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree in relevant field or 1-3 years relevant experience in the areas of non-profits and/or social services • Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred • Proficiency in utilizing reporting tools • Experience working with information technology to develop and implement programs, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) • Strong project coordinating skills resulting in measurable successes and program growth • Require the ability to work independently and with a diverse population • Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and initiative • Must demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • High work ethic and exceptional attention to details • Driver's license and transportation required
Compensation: Starting at $16/hr. This is a non-exempt position. Office is located in Truckee, CA.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Please respond to this posting with 1) a letter telling us about yourself, your interests and why this work is inspiring to you, 2) your resume and 3) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please. Deadline to apply is July 21.